Friday, October 13, 2006

A Party Almost Ruined...

It was my cousing's birthday. We were trying to have all preparated, but obviously without she knowing. It was a surprise party! We needed to buy the (1) cake, candles, balloons, coke, plates, cups, etc. It had to be a great party because she had been a great person with all of us. She had a older sister called Daniella. She helped us alot buying all the things. We went either (2)by car, by bus, or walking. What matter was that we needed to buy all dose things fast! We need to go and look for a taxi because any of our moms could took us to the place we want them to take us. We looked for a taxi (3) with air conditioning, fast, and in good conditions. Finally we founded the taxi. We were in way...

When we were there the first thing I saw was a bear that(4)it jump, it sing, and it move its right hand! It was super cute. I thought to give her that little bear, she would be super happy! So I bought the little bear for my cousing, but we were looking for the paper for packing the presents. We couldn't find it in any place but finally we found it! (5)Under a pile of little cars, we found the paper. We were so excited because now we could pack the presents.

We were back home.(6)Very fast in a taxi, but safe. We had all of the things prepared, and the best part was that my cousing didn't have any idea of what we were going to do to her.The say says(7)When thereĀ“s nobody that wants anythings to go wrong, everything will go how you expected. And I think that was what was happening to us everything was going excellent!...My telephone rang, nobody answer. I was shouting so they answer the telephone because I was dressing for the party.RING, RING...The telephone continued ringing. I went running to answer it,"hello" i said, "hi naty, is alejandra" I was in shok, my cousing fr what she was calling to me?!"somebody told me you were doing me a surprise party, I'm sorry if I ruin your plans, is that I was thinkink to go to the place you told me, acting if I didn't knew anything, but really I can't do that to you, so I'm here telling you the thruth and hope you tell me the truth"... They were like 5 seconds in silence, i breaked the silence saying (8)"yes, is true but let's continue the party like if anything of this had happened. Let's go there have fun and celebrate your birthday!", "ok", she answered me.

We were all in the party. Although someone tryed to ruin the party, we all had a good time. If you're asking to yourself what happened to the little bear I gave to her, she was so happy when she saw it!



Key:
(1)Series of objects: Use commas to separate three or more items in a series.
(2)Series of phrases: Use commas to separate three or more phrases in a serie.
(3)Series of modifiers:Use commas to separate three or more modifiers in a series.
(4)Series of independent clauses: Use commas to separate three or more short independent clauses in a series.
(5)Introductory prepositional phrases: Use a comma after a prepositional phrase of four or more words at the beginning of a sentence.
(6)Introductory participial phrase: Use a comma after a participial phrase at the beginning of a sentence.
(7)Introductory adverb clause: Use a comma after an adverb clause ate the beginning of a sentence.
(8)Introductory yes, no, or interjection: Use a comma to separate yes, no, and interjections, such as oh and well, from the rest of the sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home